FROM: High Command
TO: Arma 3 Users
UNIT: Main Branch
ACTIVITY: Game Update 1.86 (Warlords MP Mode, ADR-97 Weapon Pack, Multiplayer Security, Fixes and Improvements)
SIZE: ~1.9 GB / ~483 MB
- If the game does not progress from the initial loading screen, try deleting the cache.ch file in the Arma 3 root installation folder and then restarting the game.
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- Updating a deeply moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community, such as via the Dev Hub. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.84). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy184
- This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas at time of writing. We hope to be updating those as soon as possible.
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q., BattlEye F.A.Q., or Launcher troubleshooting guide.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Added: Warlords multiplayer game mode with 7 vanilla multiplayer missions and with Eden Editor modules for easy creation of custom scenarios*
- SC 32 Warlords (Whole Island) on Altis*
- SC 16 Warlords (Central) on Altis*
- SC 16 Warlords (Pyrgos Gulf) on Altis*
- SC 16 Warlords on Stratis*
- SC 16 Warlords (West) on Tanoa**
- SC 16 Warlords (South) on Tanoa**
- SC 16 Warlords on Malden*
- Added: ADR-97 Weapon Pack (former Official Mod) has been improved and integrated into the vanilla game*
- Added: Improved multiplayer security***
* Free bonus content for all Arma 3 players.
** Free bonus content for all Arma 3 Apex expansion owners.
*** May affect loading times when the game or certain mods are run for the first time after installing the update.
- Added: 5 new playable characters - Men (Story) - with heads of notable Bohemia developers
- Added: In-game UI color customization for Tactical Ping (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126664)
- Tweaked: Increased Tactical Ping duration
- Tweaked: Tactical Ping in map enabled by default in Recruit and Regular difficulty presets
- Tweaked: Increased the illumination range of soft vehicle reflectors
- Tweaked: Headlights of the Van would have too little reach (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131305)
- Fixed: Hunter and HEMTT headlight flares were not visible (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127810)
- Tweaked: Goals now collapse on collisions with vehicles
- Fixed: Bad collision on the Airport Control Tower (Metal) ladder that was forcing avatars into a free fall animation
- Fixed: Caesar airplane wrecks shouldn't float in the air anymore
- Fixed: Taru helicopter wrecks shouldn't fly away anymore
- Fixed: Mohawk helicopters shouldn't jump on USS Freedom or USS Liberty anymore
- Added: Current fire mode indicator to the IGUI of mortars
- Added: Wide zoom level and NV vision mode to Blackfish gun cameras
- Tweaked: Range of the APERS Mine Dispenser was adjusted (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131505)
- Tweaked: Increased helicopter winch hitpoint durability (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T132889)
- Tweaked: Cost values of the LSVs
- Tweaked: The VLS missile feed display is no longer active by default (the missile feed is not functional in remote control)
- Fixed: Camera rotation sensitivity on the VLS platform was too high
- Fixed: The camera on the Mk45 gun could not move vertically
- Fixed: AI was taking cover behind thin banana plants
- Fixed: AAF and CSAT Cargo Nets had incorrect Laser Designators in their inventories
- Tweaked: Campfire light effects (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120175)
- Tweaked: Animated the chain on the Kart model using UVAnimations
- Tweaked: The "headgear_placeholder" and "equip_placeholder" models were updated
- Tweaked: The legs of Zafir’s bipod were too short
- Tweaked: Improved fence texture and material
- Tweaked: Added a new material to the truck medical sign decals and reduced their brightness
- Tweaked: Reduced the brightness of the u_Barracks_v2_ext material in DTSMDI a bit
- Tweaked: Layered Concrete Wall (Land_Wall_INDCnc_4_F) geometries (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131463)
- Tweaked: Adjusted colors for Assault Pack (Coyote Brown), Assault Pack (Khaki), Assault Pack (Sage), Kitbag (Coyote Brown) and Kitbag (Sage) backpacks. The old Kitbag (Coyote) variant has been kept as Kitbag (Tan).
- Tweaked: Decreased amount of bugs (the creepy crawly kind) at night, resulting in a potential performance gain
- Tweaked: Firefly model and material
- Tweaked: Aspect ratio of the RPG & Vorona magazine icons
- Fixed: Typo on the town sign of Oreokastro in Greek
- Fixed: The Acca_snds_l_F suppressor model was offset
- Fixed: Ghost Hawk LOD issues
- Fixed: AN/MPQ-105 and the MIM-134 turret were clipping with the platform (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131356)
- Fixed: Missing face on the bottom of the verge post models
- Fixed: Shadows for all Concrete Curbs (Grey, x m)
- Fixed: Backlit buttons on the steering wheel of the MB 4WD did not move along with the vehicle
- Fixed: Kerry's backpack was missing its camo selection in the last resolution LOD
- Fixed: Incorrect camo selection of US Assault Pack (Kerry) in resolution LODs (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131466)
- Fixed: Issue with shadows on the T-100 barrel
- Fixed: UV mapping on Excavator_01_wreck_F
- Fixed: UV stretch on the front of the SDAR rifle magazine
- Fixed: Bad alpha sorting on Slum Fence (Land_Slums01_8m)
- Fixed: MB 4WD LOD switching when aiming down sights when Firing From Vehicles seats are used
- Tweaked: Increased audible ranges of vehicle engines
- Tweaked: Footstep sounds inside small military towers
- Fixed: The Kart engine sound position was offset
- Fixed: Vehicle SPMGs fired by the AI in bursts or full auto had a single shot sound
Showcases (potential spoilers)
- Tweaked: The tank battle in Showcase Armed Assault is now better optimized
- Tweaked: Base compositions in Showcase Armed Assault
The East Wind (potential spoilers)
- Fixed: Assault boats would stop before reaching the beach in the Resurgent West scenario (and it caused a related script error)
- Fixed: The list of multiplayer params in the Vanguard mission diary contained old undefined param1 and param2 entries
- Added: BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF now supports exports with positions relative to a given center
- Added: BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF can now export scenarios in a format where each entity checks if its ID has been blacklisted. If so, the entity will not be spawned. The blacklist array is a new parameter passed into the exported SQF.
- Tweaked: Scenarios exported from Eden Editor to SQF now initialize modules only once all objects and connections were created
- Fixed: The function to export Eden Editor scenarios to SQF format did not export vehicle customization settings
- Fixed: Ammo boxes from which all items were removed in the editor were not exported empty by the BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF function
- Fixed: Random object positions (achieved by connecting to markers) were ignored in scenarios exported by BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF
- Fixed: Helicopters placed in the air were not flying in a scenario exported by BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF
- Added: The Combo attribute in Eden Editor is now capable of showing picture and pictureRight or options defined in class Values of the attribute itself.
- Tweaked: Removed the drop down menu from the Posters module (syncing to triggers was not required and was causing pop-up errors)
- Added: BIS_fnc_calculateDateTime function
- Added: BIS_fnc_CompareDateTimes and BIS_fnc_IsDateTimeNewer functions
- Added: BIS_fnc_getArea now supports format [center, a, b, angle, rect, (height)]
- Added: Vector functions for multiplying the square matrix by a vector and for vector rotation in 3D space
- Added: Priority Queue data structure functions and functions for getting highest and lowest priorities in the queue
- Tweaked: An item can be kept in the Priority Queue even when it pops from the queue
- Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_showSubtitles function was updated (optional parameter that forces subtitles to display through titleRsc added to retain old functionality). It is turned off by default, as such subtitles would collide with subtitles displayed by the BIS_fnc_kbTell function.
- Added: Magazine wells to some of the vanilla weapons
- Added: Proxy models to some of the vanilla magazines
- Tweaked: Deleted the head shadow from Character / Uniform models. Added shadow LODs to proxy head models themselves (how-to guide for adjusting your own models).
- Tweaked: Added the bysta proxy to View Pilot and an empty Pilot LOD to heads
- Fixed: Error when creating test_EmptyObjectForBubbles (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T132812)
- Added: Improvements to multiplayer security systems related to addon loading, encryption, and server checks
- Fixed: The serverTime command did not return the server time on a server for 5 minutes after a restart (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127059)
- Fixed: Command line duplication after a Dedicated Server restarted via the missionToServerRestart command
- Added: New damper1, damper2, and damper3 sound controllers for vehicles
- Added: Sound controller acceleration
- Tweaked: Increased the number of available sound controllers (added CustomSoundController6 to CustomSoundController32)
- Fixed: The engine sound of some land vehicles was falling off abruptly at around 300 meters
- Fixed: Attenuation for transport internal sound
- Fixed: AI could in some cases detect vehicles through the terrain (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T133247)
- Added: Better interactions with deceased character weapons and inventories
- Added: DynamicSimulation serialization
- Tweaked: Default sharpen filter post-process reduced to 50
- Fixed: Crash to desktop when dropping an item into an Entity without "Supply"
- Fixed: Possible crash to desktop from the map due to a missing active marker
- Fixed: Most of the cases of game getting stuck on the start-up splash
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.86)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.86)
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;dlcbundle;dlcbundle2 to your arma3server.exe shortcut