- This list is a sampling of the most obvious known issues within our team. Also see our Feedback Tracker for reported issues. Visit the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q. or BattlEye F.A.Q. for common troubleshooting, or this guide for Launcher troubleshooting.
- Savegames from previous versions may not be compatible with newer versions when loading (and vice versa).
- Some anti-virus programs or firewalls can prevent the start of the game or hamper it running smoothly. If the game crashes on start-up or refuses to connect to any multiplayer sessions, please try to disable these programs (or configure them by adding exceptions as needed). Find more tips on configuration here.
- Some routers / firewalls identify the Steam multiplayer server queries as spam traffic. See tips about configuring the Steam browser here.
- If you are using a Killer network card (these can be on your motherboard), and you experience multiplayer BSODs, please try updating the drivers for this card.
- You may encounter issues after upgrading to Windows 10 from another version of Windows. Doing a fully clean install of Windows 10 (or upgrade with loss of data - carefully back-up first please!) can resolve such issues. Some issues can be resolved by repairing common libraries after the upgrade.
- Some recording software can cause game to crash (D3DGear for example).
- Some applications or corrupted Steam installation might prevent Steam from starting the game and cause the following message be displayed: "Steam - Game Launcher Failed: Arma 3 failed to start (error code 81).", or they cause an unusual process exit with code 0x00000051. The following applications are known to cause the issue: spacedesk, Comodo Antivirus / Firewall.
- Using USB headsets in combination with Windows 10 can cause memory corruption inside the game. This appears to be a driver issue and can currently only be prevented by unplugging such headsets.
- Steam client claims game saves will be stored in the Steam Cloud, but this not actually implemented. Unfortunately this option has to be enabled for Steam Workshop publishing to function.
- When you are in weapon optics and change the Arma 3 key preset to the Industry Standard key preset, your weapon controls will not work properly.
- If the Bootcamp recommendation pop-up does not go away after clicking "NO", please try adding this entry to your user profile (.Arma3Profile): bootCampWarning = 1;
- Player does not use stealth protocol when calling in supports in Showcase Supports.
- Irregular aspect ratios may result in the User Interface not correctly responding to mouse input (e.g. drop-down menus).
- When switching focus back from other applications to Arma 3 while in Eden Editor, mouse input may not be correctly registered upon returning initially (f.e. causing a mouse button to register as pressed and held when it is not).
- Rocket launchers clip with your head while swimming.
- Warping resulting from leaning is still present.
- Weapon Deployment in certain areas or on specific objects may result in character levitation or glitching.
- The RadeonPro graphics card utility may cause the Launcher to crash. Disable it or add arma3launcher.exe to its compatibility list and set "Disable API detection".
- The Raptr client may cause the Launcher to crash.
- The game may crash after starting the game from the Launcher when steam is not running before you start Launcher.
- Mod authors can be listed as "Unknown" in the MODS tab in some cases.
- Official servers may not be listed in the dedicated tab correctly (you can still find them via the INTERNET tab or in-game).
- On some GPUs bench-marking causes GPU drivers to crash on game start-up ("Display driver stopped responding and has recovered").
- Use the -nobenchmark command line option.
- Picture-in-Picture may flicker on multi-core GPUs (forcing using only one core should hotfix the issue for now).
- Friendly AI takes you for an enemy if your mine kills a friendly soldier.
- Shadows cast by divers' fins are present on land when two or more divers are in the scene.
- 32 bit OS users (especially with 2 GB of RAM) may experience low FPS on Altis island. Check this post for a potential work-around.
- 32 bit game version users can experience a forced shutdown of the game when using the system memory allocator. Consider using the default memory allocator.
- There are occasional glitches in vehicle PhysX simulation.
- Use of unsupported memory tweaks in combination with unofficial memory allocators (example) may cause unexpected errors, including crashes.
- The game may terminate in an unusual way.
- You may see light blue vegetation appearing as you move through the environment and the LODs change. Please try to re-install or update your GPU drivers.
- If the game does not progress from the initial loading screen, try deleting the cache.ch file from the C:\Users\*User*\AppData\Local\Arma 3\DataCache\ or your -profiles= folder, and then restarting the game.
- The 64-bit client may not start on Windows 7. Please try installing this Microsoft security update.
- If you experience stuttering during scenes with a lot of sound effects you can try configuring your Windows sound Default Format to 16 bit, 44100 Hz as a work-around.
Graphical User Interface
- The shadow of letters positioning is not tuned.
- While changing interface size, texts may change size inappropriately.
- The selected tab in the dialogue doesn't have a permanent highlight.
- The F12 key is reserved for Steam print screen (re-configurable in Steam Client).
- Shift + TAB is reserved for Steam Community in-game (re-configurable in Steam Client). Even just Shift sometimes opens this overlay when it should not.
- Some texts in different languages than English may be cropped.
- Action icons may be positioned incorrectly for certain external camera angles.
- Contact's optional data is not intended to be fully multiplayer compatible (PLAY CONTACT or -mod=contact). For multiplayer we recommend not loading the optional Contact data, and simply starting the game via PLAY.
- There may be desync and bandwidth issues in the multiplayer environment.
- Players reconnecting to the same server may not see their name on the scoreboard.
- Ambient life is not synchronized in MP.
- If you are unable to join a server due to a PBO error, it means the server is using different data than you are. Try deleting the mentioned PBO and accompanied BISIGN file then verify the game files via Steam or re-download the data from Steam Workshop if it's a mod. If the issue persist, contact the server administrator and let them know which PBO is preventing you from joining the server. They may have to conversely update or cleanup the server files. A more detailed discussion on this topic is available on our forums.
- Voice-over-Network may not work correctly on Linux servers.
- It is necessary to manually reconnect to BattlEye-enabled and password-protected servers after the game has been automatically restarted to enable BattlEye.
- When BattlEye is enabled, clients may get kicked immediately.
- Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game). Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;enoch;aow to your arma3server.exe shortcut.
- TrackIR head-tracking users are advised to disable the TrueView setting for an optimal zooming experience.
- Using non-standard keys as modifiers for control mappings may lead to issues (e.g. G + LCtrl instead of LCtrl + G).
- To configure an analogue throttle to use more than half its range, please see this information.
- When multiple analog devices are mapped to one action, the input gets split across all such devices.