FROM: High Command
TO: Arma 3 Users
UNIT: Main Branch
ACTIVITY: Hotfix 1.82 (Crash Fixes, AI Behavior Tweaks, Scenario Fixes)
SIZE: ~889 MB / ~134 MB
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- Updating a deeply moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community, such as via the Dev Hub. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.80). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy180
- This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas at time of writing. We hope to be updating those as soon as possible.
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q., BattlEye F.A.Q., or Launcher troubleshooting guide.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Tweaked: Hatchback vehicle dynamics
- Tweaked: APC wheels are now more durable
- Tweaked: Tank tracks are now more durable
- Tweaked: AI helicopter gunners are now more prone to use DAGRs and Scalpels (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128103)
- Tweaked: Vehicle fuel loss across multiple scenarios is now better handled
- Fixed: Commander of the Rhino MGS could clip through the vehicle in some cases (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128035)
- Fixed: AI will no longer execute incapacitated players in the Revive system
- Fixed: AA missiles were not effective enough against air targets
- Fixed: Some of the Tanks DLC assets were missing their Simple Object configuration
- Tweaked: Public global voice chat was disabled
- Tweaked: Friendly fire is no longer allowed during the briefing period
- Fixed: Switching from a spectator view to a different slot was behaving incorrectly
Altis Requiem (potential spoilers)
- Tweaked: FIA insurgents now use (single HEAT) RPG-7 instead of (tandem HEAT) MAAWS in the Lost Horizons scenario
- Tweaked: Offensive AI forces in the Terminal Defiance scenario could refuse to fire in some cases
- Tweaked: The voice line with HQ about the knocked-out Angara in the Terminal Defiance scenario is now divided into more parts
Showcase Tank Destroyers (potential spoilers)
- Fixed: It was not possible to finish the "Retreat" task
- Fixed: The scenario would fail if AI caused civilian casualties without player input
- Fixed: Defending Sofia would be considered unsuccessful even with some armored forces still operational
Tac-Ops Mission Pack (potential spoilers)
- Fixed: Player's Marshall in the Steel Pegasus operation had too much ammunition (related to Tanks DLC changes)
- Fixed: Missing conversation in the Fait Accompli scenario of the Stepping Stone operation
- Fixed: There was a missing voice line in the No Reprieve scenario of the Beyond Hope operation
- Fixed: Artillery map markers were not being deleted properly in some cases in the Avenging Furies scenario of the Beyond Hope operation
- Tweaked: The minimal FCS zeroing distance is now 50 meters (can be adjusted in config)
- Fixed: CTD connected to loading custom terrains
- Fixed: CTD when deleting an incoming missile
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.82)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.82)
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;dlcbundle;dlcbundle2 to your arma3server.exe shortcut