FROM: Tools Commissar
TO: Arma 3 Modders
MATERIEL CATEGORY: Tools
CIRCUMSTANCES: Update 0.98 (Binarize, Work Drive, Mod Hash Calculator, Samples)
SIZE: ~17.4 MB / ~1.1 MB
Because we were very busy with Eden Update, the development branches of the tools and the samples were quite calm yet still active since the last TECHREP.
Binarize has been updated; the P3D binarization process now uses 32-bit vertex indices and now produces binarized models (P3D) at version 70. This means those models won't be usable in prior versions of the game which only support up to version 69. However, the newest version of the game supports previous model versions.
The tools suite also welcomes Work Drive, which is now used to manage the substitute drive P. It is also used to install or uninstall Buldozer, and all of this from any location on your system. In the near future, it will replace every batch script used to manage the drive P and its content (i.e. FuturaToP). Note that the batch scripts will remain in the tools until Work Drive is fully able to replace them. Once it can, the batch scripts will simply call Work Drive with the appropriate startup parameters.
Next up is another newcomer: Mod Hash Calculator. It allows content creators to calculate long and short hashes of given mod directories used by the game. It can then be used together with the meta.cpp where you can specify an overridden value which will be send from the server to the client (Launcher Server Browser). More information is available on Community Wiki.
Last but not least, the samples have received some new content that will please modding students. Among some fixes and new scenario design samples such as for Dynamic Groups and Revive, the most noticeable addition is the new sound configuration. The sample of Weapon now uses the new sound sets and shaders, which are defined in the new addon Test_Sounds. This means that you will need to pack Test_Sounds in order to test the sample of the Weapon.
This report covers only a part of the content of this update; we invite the most curious of you to take a look at the full change log in order to discover all the changes. If you have any feedback or issue you would like to share, feel free to use our official channels: Feedback Tracker & the forums.
- Changed: The P3D binarization process now uses 32-bit vertex indices (P3D version has been increased and is now 70; this only affects binarized models)
- Note: Data binarized with this version can only be used in Arma 3 1.55 and newer
- Work Drive
- Added: First release, support for P drive
- Mod Hash Calculator
- Added: New tool to calculate the long and short hash of mod folders (mods uploaded with Publisher have this data in the meta.cpp files)
- Addon Builder
- Added: Automatically creates directories for the destination location
- Added: Custom config file definition using command-line parameter -cfg=<config file>
- Added: Maximum texture size using command-line parameter -maxTexSize=<size> (valid values are: 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048)
- Tweaked: Optimized processing speed
- Tweaked: Better usage of texture space (can create smaller textures in some cases)
- Buldozer configurator
- Added: Argument /noUI to apply the default config without any question nor UI
- Added: Can configure a Buldozer install which is not on the P drive (the targeted directory needs to be present in the startup args)
- Changed: If /noUI is used, it will close itself once the settings are applied
- Arma 3 Tools Launcher
- Steam configuration
- Added: Needed information for Work Drive
- Changed: Incremented version to reflect the current stage (0.98)
- Added: Template normal map texture to show the new parallax improvements described on Community Wiki
- Added: Updated configuration files of the basic character, vests and helmets according to the new Personal Protective Equipment implementation
- Added: Test_Sounds which contains the new sound configuration (sound shaders and sound sets)
- C hanged: The sample of Weapon now uses the new sound configuration
- Changed: Stamina restoration time reduced from 90 to 60 seconds (Sample of Legacy Fatigue)
- Changed: Model config of the sample of House no longer uses external classes
- Changed: 3D model of the sample of Scope renamed
- Tweaked: Main function of the Legacy Fatigue sample
- Fixed: Incorrect legacy proxies in the model (Sample of Tank)
- Fixed: Incorrect texture paths (Sample of Boat)
- Fixed: Missing inherited class EventHandlers (Test_Soldier_F)
- Fixed: Typos in the sound config of the sample of Helicopter
- Fixed: Typos in the model config of the sample of Plane
- Fixed: Cargo proxies of the sample of Helicopter
- Fixed: Path to the wreck model of the sample of Helicopter
- Scenario Design
- In case of any issue, please, let us know on our usual channels: Feedback Tracker or the forums.
- You can subscribe (for free) to the Tools and Samples packages from the Steam store. Once done, you will find these application in your Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools").
- You will need to start the primary tool once to add all needed registry entries for the rest of tools.