FROM: High Command
TO: Arma 3 Users
UNIT: Main Branch
ACTIVITY: Hotfix 1.94 (Arsenal Loadout Compatibility, Contact Campaign Fixes)
SIZE: ~210 MB / ~20 MB (depends on Contact ownership)
- Contact consists of 2 data packs / folders:
- Contact (via PLAY CONTACT or -mod=Contact): for the singleplayer "First Contact" campaign experience (accessible only to owners - optionally loaded)
- Contact (Platform): for most other use cases, including sandbox multiplayer (loaded by default for all players)
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- Updating a deeply moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community, such as via the Dev Hub. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.92). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy192
- This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas.
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q., BattlEye F.A.Q., or Launcher troubleshooting guide.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Fixed: The Spectrum Device detail screen was not positioned correctly when the FOV was manually overridden in a player's profile file (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142652)
- Fixed: ED-1 Mini UGV probing multiplayer locality issues
- Fixed: Certain custom saved loadouts could not be loaded in Arsenal
- Fixed: Increased backward-compatibility with popular mods in Arsenal
- Fixed: Improved forward-compatibility between the new radio protocols and mods
"First Contact" (potential spoilers!)
- Fixed: Pvt. Lane could be speaking while hidden in False Negative
- Fixed: Improved player traversal over the IFV at the end of False Negative
- Fixed: A sentry at the burn pit would speak and shout warnings while hidden in Going Dark
- Fixed: An animation glitch of Pvt. Dillon at the beginning of Close Encounters
- Fixed: Ambient shouts, screams, and volumes were not correctly randomized during the return to Camp Kresnik in Close Encounters
- Fixed: The next task was not correctly assigned when stealing the Astra van with Eddie in Anomalous Phenomena
- Fixed: An undefined global variable in a condition after loading a savegame in Anomalous Phenomena
- Fixed: A POI script was not correctly progressing when getting closer in Anomalous Phenomena
- Fixed: Script error in Carpe Noctem
- Tweaked: It was too easily possible to see the mysterious strangers in the camp in Anomalous Phenomena
- Removed: The LDF mortar backpack is no longer available in Arsenal
- Removed: ED-1 Mini UGV backpacks are no longer available in Arsenal
- Fixed: Turrets can no longer be deployed under terrain
- Added: getResolution was extended with topFOV, leftFOV, and tripleHead
- Fixed: getFuelCargo, getRepairCargo, getAmmoCargo will return -1 when the vehicle is not configured to supply fuel / repair / ammo
- Tweaked: waitUntil will now continue looping when incorrectly returning something instead of true / false, and show a warning. We strongly recommend fixing scripts however, because we intend to force exiting the loop again in 1.96.
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.94)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.94)
- The data in -mod=contact is not fully multiplayer compatible (it is meant for the singleplayer campaign experience); we recommend only hosting servers with it for special use cases
- This data is signed by a new A3C key whose presence can be used to control what client data is allowed on the server
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;enoch to your arma3server.exe shortcut