FROM: High Command
TO: Arma 3 Users
UNIT: Main Branch
ACTIVITY: Hotfix #2 1.88 (Warlords Improvements, In-Game Server Browser Fix)
SIZE: ~53.6 MB / ~17.9 MB
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- Updating a deeply moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community, such as via the Dev Hub. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.84). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy184
- This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas.
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q., BattlEye F.A.Q., or Launcher troubleshooting guide.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Added: Team killing penalty. For every 3 friendly kills, players suffer a 60 seconds black screen without the ability to use weapons followed by a forced respawn. This persists through disconnecting and reconnecting to a server.
- Added: Players now have the ability to get rid of their purchased vehicles via the Action Menu
- Tweaked: Individual players can no longer have more than 20 active assets at a time (this includes vehicles, aircraft, ships, static defenses and ammo boxes). Infantry limits remain the same.
- Tweaked: Airdrops on the player's location are now much more expensive
- Tweaked: Static weapons and ammo boxes are now deleted after a substantial timeout (3 times the normal vehicle time removal timeout)
- Tweaked: Destroyed vehicles are now deleted much sooner
- Tweaked: A sector with an unusable airstrip was removed from the Whole Altis scenario
- Tweaked: The Molos airfield sector now has a lower CP income and is defended more heavily
- Tweaked: Additional assets were added to the Request tables, some other asset costs have been tweaked as well
- Tweaked: The Sector Scan cost has been raised to 350 CP
- Fixed: Warlords would not start properly on maps with unusually defined runways
- Fixed: Planes should zero in on their approach vectors more quickly
- Fixed: Players can now dismiss even AI subordinates that they've already had in their group when joining to the game
- Fixed: Players no longer retain the waypoints assigned to their group prior to joining the game
- Fixed: Server mod compatibility semaphores in the in-game server browser were showing misleading information
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.88)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.88)
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;dlcbundle;dlcbundle2 to your arma3server.exe shortcut