FROM: Tools Commissar
TO: Arma 3 Modders
MATERIEL CATEGORY: Tools
CIRCUMSTANCES: Update 0.86 (Publisher, Samples, ImageToPAA)
SIZE: ~63 MB
Because many of us have been busy cooking up the Marksmen DLC, this update is not as big as you're used to. There is, however, some interesting content and it's a step forward towards our long-term goals.
Publisher received an awaited feature: the support for multiple files in a single Steam Workshop entry, including signatures. And it can do so without any limitation on size. However, a few facts should be kept in mind:
- If a publishing process is canceled, it cannot be resumed.
- While updating an existing entry, all relevant data should be included. The reason is that you currently cannot update a single isolated file within an entry. In other words, an update will erase the content of the entry before uploading.
- If your files are not in an "Addons" directory, Publisher will ask you if it should fix it. It's strongly recommended to let it fix this issue. To not do so could result in a corrupted entry.
Marksmen DLC means #Bipods, so next up are obviously the samples. The Weapon sample has been granted a full example of bipods, including model and config. In the same lane, the ammunition has been updated with a few parameters for suppression. More details are available on the forums.
Still speaking about the samples, modding students will find a full example of VhC. The Vehicle Customization system is responsible for the randomization and customization of vehicles. It's documented on the Community Wiki. Then, as bonus, we've added more variant PSD templates to create your liveries for the Taru, and the Car sample has a new special variant (see the config file).
Last but not least, ImageToPAA now has another interface (introduced with dev update 0.85.4). This is still a prototype, but we think it deserves to be included in this main branch release because of the features it brings. A point of interest for this interface is that it will be used as a basis to redo other interfaces such as for the audio and signature tools.
We invite the most curious modders among you to subscribe to the Dev-Branch and have a look at what we're working on. Issues and suggestions are very much welcome via our official channels: Feedback Tracker & the forums.
- Added: #Bipods to the sample of Weapon
- Added: Required classes and properties for VhC and the Garage (Arsenal) into the Car and Boat samples (forums topic, documentation)
- Added: Example of hiding selections on uniform proxies (vests, headgear) technology, sample of Character
- Added: New variant (config base class) for the sample of Car
- Added: Texture sources (PSDs) of bench and fuel pods of the Taru (see "Arma 3 Tools folder \Samples_F\HelicoptersDLC_Textures\")
- Added: New suppression parameters to cfgAmmo (see this post for details)
- Added: Examples of usage of VhC (see "Arma 3 Tools folder \Samples_F\Example_VhC_VehicleCustomization\")
- Changed: The sample of Car has been reworked a little
- Added: Double click on the icon in the notify zone will hide or show the main window
- Added: Support for drag'n'drop into the settings window
- Changed: The tool-tips have been reduced to make them more readable
- Changed: General style of the interface
- Fixed: Steam menu item was not working in some cases
- Added: Support for multi-file mods, of unlimited size
- Added: Use of messages during publishing (e.g. in case of a loss of connection)
- Changed: Both leading and trailing white spaces are trimmed before publishing
- Tweaked: Window resizing has been revised
- Fixed: While publishing, the progress bar was incorrectly updated
- Fixed: File and folder counting
- Added: Prototype of the new interface (work-in-progress) (Can be accessed from "Arma 3 Tools\ImageToPaa\ImageToPaaGUI_v2.exe")
- Changed: Text "Browse" replaced by an image
- Changed: Application icon (GUI)
- Fixed: Random issues when the destination directory was defined before the source directory
- Addon Builder
- Removed: DWM window shadow because it may cause windows to be rendered incorrectly (very bright forms)
- Steam dumpAccountInfo
- Added: Support for Marksmen DLC
- Steam configuration
- Changed: Incremented version to reflect the current stage (0.86)