FROM: Tools Commissar
TO: Arma 3 Modders
MATERIEL CATEGORY: Tools
CIRCUMSTANCES: Version 0.52 (Fixes, Windows / Linux Servers)
SIZE: ~9 MB / ~1.72 GB
- Added: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.08)
- Added: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.08)
- Known issue: When BattlEye is enabled, clients get kicked immediately.
- Known issue: If you start the server without Steam running you'll get following log message:
- "[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed."
- This is OK since running Steam is not necessary for Dedicated servers.
- Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Added: Correct licenses (APL) for sample models
- Binarize now returns errorLevel according to number of failed models
- Updated: Core config files in Binarize\Bin
- Updated: Binarize reflects the game changes (added new parameters)
- Added: Binarize EXE now has correct properties and details
- Fixed: Link to characters guidelines
- Fixed: Typo in error message for directories path containing empty character in Addon Builder
- You can find the tools package in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Tools"
- You can find the servers in the Steam tools library - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version)
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- The servers are released as a first iteration, but will require broader testing (especially Linux).
Physics simulation powered by NVIDIA® PhysX™. NVIDIA® and PhysX™ are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- You will probably need to start Addon Builder (primary tool) once to add all needed registry entries for the rest of tools