FROM: Tools Commissar
TO: Arma 3 Modders
MATERIEL CATEGORY: Tools
CIRCUMSTANCES: Version 0.56 (More samples, BankRev)
SIZE: ~10 MB / ~300 MB
- Added: BankRev PBO extraction tool (see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BankRev for more details)
- Added: Sample models with commented configs for a boat, a plane and a helicopter
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.12)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.12)
- Known issue: When BattlEye is enabled, clients may get kicked immediately
- Known issue: If you start the server without Steam running you'll get following log message:
- "[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed."
- This is OK since running Steam is not necessary for Dedicated Servers
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod= to your arma3server.exe shortcut
- Updated: New versions of core config files
- Fixed: Sample faction class is no longer of high priority
- Fixed: Install script correctly adds even path to BinMakeRules to system registry
- Added: Batch file to correctly generate BinMakeRules (should be run automatically upon launching Addon Builder at least once)
- You can find the tools package in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Tools"
- You can find the servers in the Steam tools library - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version)
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- Physics simulation powered by NVIDIA® PhysX™. NVIDIA® and PhysX™ are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- You will probably need to start Addon Builder (primary tool) once to add all needed registry entries for the rest of tools.